
Today was my first day of substitute teaching. It went pretty well. I was surprisingly not nervous, well except for when I first got there and there was no teacher or no outline of what we were supposed to do :0, but no worries, the teacher showed up with the instructions right before the first bell. :)
I was supper proud of my math teaching skills. That is what I was most anxious about. It's been a long time since I was in there shoes. I worked with sixth graders. They are at one of those stages where they are starting to think that they are supper grown up, but are still on the innocent side. A couple of them tried to push the boundaries seeing that they had a sub, but as a whole they were all pretty good. In their defense we got to play with giant slinky during science and who can blame them for wanting to enjoy that? I left exhausted and with the comfort of the fact that I hadn’t chosen teaching as my career, but now that I have rested I am pleased with my day and the events. I anticipate subbing again, I think ;)
Ah! I've been subbing the last two days and get to do it again tomorrow. Kindergarten rocks, but it is TOTALLY draining! Yay for getting to play teacher :)
ReplyDelete